If you love mountain biking, you’ll love this tour with its great landscapes and adventurous roads. The tour takes 4-5 hours approximately and has a distance of 36 km.
The tour starts at around 9 am. A private van will drive you 45 minutes to Chinchero. The first hour of biking will be flat with amazing views. When you reach Cruzpata, you’ll be riding up to the village of Maras. After one hour you’ll reach the terraces of Moray, where the Incas experimented on crops to improve their agriculture. After that, you’ll go down again for one hour to the village of Maras. The salt mines of Maras are 20 minutes away from the village. After your visit there, you’ll continue for 30 minutes and cross a small bridge in Urubamba where the bike tour ends. The driver will be waiting here to bring you back to Cusco.
- Transportation from Cusco to the starting point, and from Urubamba back to Cusco
- Bilingual guide, experienced in mountain biking
- Professional bikes and equipment (helmet, gloves)
- Entrance fee to the salt mines of Maras (10 soles)
- The boleto turístico to enter Moray